We provide a full range of legal services in all legal aspects of payment services, including payment instruments, negotiating and drafting agreements, combating money laundering, consumer protection law, and laws on protection of personal data.
Our team’s experience comprises among others:
- advising on proceedings for issue of a permit regulatory authorities in Poland and elsewhere, including legal assistance in dealing with administrative authorities (the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, Polish Data Protection Authority, and others);
- drawing up and reviewing agreements and customer service terms and conditions for banks, payment institutions, and other entities providing electronic payment services;
- drafting a full set of documentation for one of the largest mobile payment systems in Poland, including legal assistance in developing and shaping cross-border relations between the parties, in negotiations and advising on regulatory issues;
- comprehensive legal services for publishers, clearing agents, and transaction processors with regard to payment services and instruments, such as payment cards, online payment, mobile payments, bill payment, account information services, and payment initiation services;
- handling relations between service providers and subcontractors;
- providing legal advice on and dealing with administrative proceedings concerning cross-border provision of payment services;
- advising on procedure in disputes between service providers and between service providers and service users;
- legal review of banking products (agreements, customer service terms and conditions, procedures and mechanics);
- representing industry organisations at various stages of legislative procedures, including participation in a working group of the Ministry of Finance Financial Market Development Council for implementation of the PSD;
- advising payment service providers on a long-term basis;
- conducting training and workshops.
We provide services for all payment service market players, whether they are service providers or service users. Our clients include:
- leading banks and credit institutions (Polish and foreign);
- payment institutions;
- acquirers and operators of online and mobile payment systems;
- suppliers of payment terminals and cash machines;
We also assist an industry organisation of non-bank payment service providers (Polska Organizacja Niebankowych Instytucji Płatności).