Bartosz Wyżykowski is an attorney-at-law, member of the Warsaw Bar Associacion. He graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw. He is also a graduate of the School of German Law by the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw. He cooperated with one of the largest employers' organizations in Poland,. Between 2016 and 2018 he was the deputy director of the Bank and Capital Market Client Department in the Office of the Financial Ombudsman.
He specializes in financial market regulations, payment services and consumer regulations, with particular emphasis on consumer credit and mortgage loan regulations. Speaker at scientific and business conferences concerning to these issues, as well as the author of publications in this field. Bartosz engaged in the legislative procedure regarding financial market regulations in Poland and on the EU level.
He provides legal services in Polish, English and German.
- The extraordinary complaint in the civil procedure – selected issues, Studies in Public Law 2018 No. 4 (24).
- The principles of debt restructuring based on the provisions of the law on mortgage loans and on the supervision of mortgage brokers and agents, Internetowy Kwartalnik Regulacyjny i Antymonopolowy 6(7)2018, p. 21.
- Competence of the Financial Ombudsman to impose fines on financial market entities, Studies in Public Law 2018 No. 3 (23).
- Effective consumer protection and effective judicial protection for entrepreneurs, Case comment to the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union (Fifth Chamber) of 21 December 2016 in Case C-119/15 Biuro podróży ‘Partner’ sp. z o.o. sp.k. w Dąbrowie Górniczej v. Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Konkurencji i Konsumentów, Internetowy Kwartalnik Regulacyjny i Antymonopolowy 4(7)2018, p. 107.
- The Financial Ombudsman’s competence to submit observations to the court as an instrument aiming to protect clients of financial market entities, Studies in Public Law 2018 No. 3 (23).
- Effects connected with the finding of unfairness of a contract term by a court in an incidental proceeding, Internetowy Kwartalnik Regulacyjny i Antymonopolowy 8(6)2017, p. 76.
- EU case law favorable for the consumer, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, July 2017.
- Legal aspects regarding long-term savings products in the Financial Ombudsman's practice, Long-term saving Attitudes, strategies and challenges, J. Rutecka-Góra [editor], Warsaw School of Economics Publishing House, Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw 2016, p. 339.
- Sanctions for the lack of a recycling network for old cars, Rzeczpospolita, October 2015.
- Changes protect unreliable debtors, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, 31March, 2015.
- Too many restrictions for creditors of dead entities, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, 28 October, 2014.
- The right to information about a business partner, Puls Biznesu, 21 August 2014.
- Only the entry of a clause in the register is a signal for other companies, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, 12 August 2014.
- Consumer bankruptcy requires changes, but balanced, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, 5 June 2014.
- Not only debtors' rights deserve protection, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, 17 April 2014.
- Abstract verification of terms in standard form contracts, Przegląd Prawa Handlowego, 2013 No. 10, p. 30.
- Legal doubts about the banking fee, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, 20 May 2013.
- An amendment pointed at entrepreneurs, Puls Biznesu, 26 March 2013.
- The amendment will hit honest companies, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, 25 March 2013.